Frequently asked questions
- Credit card
At the end of the application form you will find the method of payment by credit card. (Visa or MasterCard)
- PayPal (Please remember that you can link both a credit card and your current account to a PayPal account).
- Choose your course, choose the week you are interested in, click on Proceed to Purchase, fill in your Order (if you already have an account, log in first) and pay the required amount. The secretariat will confirm your booking within 2 working days.
- For all courses, you must be able to swim (the style does not matter);
- Places sell out quickly on the busy and high season courses, so if you are only interested in a specific course, reserve in advance;
- Upon confirmation, we will ask you to upload to your account, a passport-sized photograph of yourself (JPG file), your ID and a medical certificate stating that you are in good health and that you have no disabilities or illnesses that could affect sailing, living and eating in the community.
- For refunds, see General Conditions
The data provided in the registration form are subject to Legislative Decree n° 196/2003. The data is protected and accessible only to those responsible exclusively within CVC and its three CVC members (Touring Club Italiano, Lega Navale Italiana - Sez. di Milano and Associazione Allievi CVC) and its peripheral organisations.
A medical certificate for noncompetitive (or competitive) activity is required to participate in the courses: download the medical certificate template and ask your doctor to complete and stamp it or put it on his or her letterhead.
The form is in two parts: the first is for adults, the second is only compulsory for minors.
- 12 years of age (up to 14) for special under-14 courses;
- 15 years of age, or to be completed within the year, for courses D1 to D3 (and fortnightly up to D2D3) in shifts 24 to 31;
- 15 years of age, or within the year, for courses D1 to D3 (and fortnightly up to D2D3) for those who have already attended (or passed, depending on the course) an Under 14 course;
- 16 years of age, or to be completed within the year, for all Dinghy courses;
- 17 years of age, or within the year, for the C3 and HP courses;
- 18 years of age, completed, for all yachting courses unless otherwise stated.
During the courses there are many of us, and for everything to run smoothly we follow these rules, which are an integral part of the registration.
See the Code of Conduct at Centro Velico Caprera.
Course fees include:
- accommodation activities: food and accommodation except for itinerant courses where participants have to provide their own food;
- teaching activities, related services and use of technical tools;
- transport from La Maddalena to Caprera and back;
- accident insurance, with the following limits: €100,000 for Death or Permanent Disability. The indemnity shall not be paid when the Permanent Invalidity is less than 3% of the Total Permanent Invalidity; if it is more than 3% but less than 20%, the indemnity shall be paid for the part exceeding 3%; if the Invalidity is more than 20%, the indemnity shall be paid without the application of any Deductible; if the Invalidity is more than 50%, the indemnity shall be paid at 100%; and € 4.000.00 for medical treatment with a 10% coinsurance with a minimum of € 100.00. It is not possible to insure against accidents if the insured is over 80 years old.
The following are the exclusive responsibility of the student and not included in the fee:
- extra drinks (soft drinks, beer, wine, etc.);
- the outward and return journey;
- food for itinerant courses carried out independently (such as Cruise courses C4, C5, 2nd week Pre-Cruise C3C4, etc.);
- fuel and port costs for the above-mentioned independently organized itinerant courses.